November 15 - Help Needed at Winterfest
Hi fellow Scouters,
We are in great need of volunteers to help us staff craft tables and some games at Winterfest on December 6th, from 8:30 am until about 4:30 pm. This is a great time for the cubs. We could also use about three adults on Friday night (December 5th) from about 5:30 pm until 8:00 pm, to help with registration. Without
volunteers, it is going to be difficult to put this program on, so if you can spare some time, we could use you to make this the best of the holidays for these cubs. This year we want to bring snow to the camp, and with the right
number registering and volunteers we will all have a great time; just think of the cubs that haven't seen snow yet.
Thank you for all you do,
This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Where else can you see snow in Manatee
County? Little children, with great caution, cross a rope Monkey Bridge just to get
to sit in Santa’s lap, and receive a gift from the Jolly Old St. Nick, while
getting their picture taken. Priceless!!
Winterfest is part of Manatee’s annual Cub Program. It is a way to welcome
all of those new Cub Families that have been recruited to be members of our
Packs, and eventually our Troops. A fun filled weekend that is enjoyed by
everyone who participates.
But it takes a lot of folks to make it happen. That’s why Steve Palmieri is
asking for your help. So come on out and be a part of this great event. You’ll be glad you did.
A Scout is Helpful.
Takes some boys camping and let Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water forge them a
more moral compass
November 14 - Forty Knots - A Visual Aid for Knot Tying
November 6 - Scouts help out at Supervisor of Elections
Several Boy Scouts and Scouters from Troop 22, Troop 64 and Troop 111
helped out at the Supervisor of Elections office this past Tuesday night. As the 70 election locations throughout Manatee County wrapped up for the night, the ballots and equipment were returned to the Supervisor of Elections office. That's when the scouts got busy unloading the cars as they came in.
November 6 - 2014 Broke Back Dog Challenge Update
Please share this information with your unit.
When it comes to registering your unit for the Challenge please remember these key points:
- One person registers the ENTIRE unit.
- Any adult who is staffing AND attending with their unit registers with the unit – NOT separately. If you register as staff and with your unit, you will be charged twice.
- Any adult who is staffing WITHOUT a unit needs to register as STAFF instead of unit #.
- Once the first registration is done and you need to add more; you must do a second registration with ONLY the new attendees.
- For deletions/substitutions; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration closes on November 20. Additional registrations after November 20 will be charged $35 per person.
- ALL fees are due by November 26. Payments not received by November 26, will be charged an additional late fee of $10 per person. You are not considered registered until your fees are paid. Units should submit ONE check.
Everyone who is looking to staff this activity should go on to the Challenge page and fill out a STAFF INTEREST form to let us know which area you want to help out in. This ONLY informs us of your interest to staff; this doesn’t register you for the activity.
Southwest Florida Council
1801 Boy Scout Drive
Fort Myers, Florida 33907
October 31 - Happy Halloween!
October 29 - 2014 Cub Scout Winterfest
Click Here to register for the 2014 Cub Scout Winterfest.
View Prior News and Updates